Clash Royale’s newest balance changes are out, coming live into game on August 6th, 2018! In this balancing update, Clash Royale is nerfing the tesla and inferno dragon, while buffing the royal hogs and king tower! Let’s take a look at all the balance changes coming in the August 6th balancing update to Clash Royale!
As always, nerfs will be listed in red, while buffs are in blue.
- Inferno Dragon: Range decreased 4.0 → 3.5, can be knocked back
- Royal Hogs: First attack faster
- Baby Dragon: Hit Speed faster 1.6sec → 1.5sec, can be knocked back
- Knight: Damage +5%
- Tesla: Lifetime shorter 40sec → 35sec, Hit Speed slower 1sec → 1.1sec
- Bomb Tower: Elixir cost decreased 5 → 4, Lifetime shorter 40sec → 35sec, Hitpoints -33%
- Cannon Cart: Cannon Lifetime longer 20sec → 30sec, transforms into Cannon faster, immune to knock back
- Balloon: Can be knocked back
- King Tower: Damage increased to match Princess Towers
Balance Changes Nerfs
One of the biggest nerfs in this round of balance changes is the nerf to the tesla, which brings down both its lifetime and hit speed. This should make it much easier to kill with a hog. The inferno dragon also sees a nerf, in the form of a range decrease, with knockback now a factor. Lastly, the balloon can now be knocked back, which should make the fireball a more viable counter.
Balance Changes Buffs
There were many more buffs than nerfs in these balance changes, starting off with the royal hogs. Royal hogs have been pretty weak, but now their first attack will come sooner. Despite being able to be knocked back, the baby dragon still got buffed with a .1 second hit speed increase. With the strength of the valkyrie, the knight is getting a little bit of love with a 5% damage buff. Finally the bomb tower is getting a rework, with a decrease to 4 elixir,, hopefully to deal with smaller swarms for a realistic elixir cost. The biggest buff in these whole balance changes goes to the cannon cart, which got a lifetime increase and a time boost. Lastly, the king tower is being buffed a bit to compete with the arena towers.
I’m really happy with these balance changes, and the knowledge that the valkyrie will be buffed soon! I’m really excited to see if the bomb tower can get some momentum as a completely new card. Thanks for reading and comment below what you think about these new balance changes coming to Clash Royale!
Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNo3IxCrp34erbCRLmG8HIA