Welcome back to another ranking of the top cards in Clash Royale. The epic list was very hard to configure, with maybe 7-8 cards having a good argument for the top spot. However, I thought it over a lot and this is what I came up with. Tell me if you would change anything in the comments below.
- Golem- So ultimately I went with the golem as the top spot. In Clash Royale and even in Clash of Clans, the golem is the ultimate tank. It costs a ton, at 8 elixir, but placed in the back during extra time, with elixir collectors operating, makes it easy to get troops behind the golem. The unit can hold off many defenses and earns the top spot here.
- Witch- I’m sure to get a lot of complaints here, with the witch beating out both the princes, but the witch really is a great card; she is just extremely underestimated. The witch is basically immune to the fireball, meaning a rocket must be used to take her out. Her steady stream of skeletons is the perfect weapon behind a tank. Adding to her value is her splash damage.
- Dark Prince- The dark prince’s biggest weapon is his ability to deal splash damage. To counter the dark prince, you can’t drop down spear goblins, goblins, or skeletons. He is tough to beat, almost taking out an entire group of barbarians. His shield is yet another valuable aspect to him. No spell in the game can take him out earning the dark prince #3 on the list!
- Baby Dragon- This troop is, similar to the witch, usually underestimated. Most players will leave it alone if it reaches your tower, but it can do a great amount of damage. Also its splash damage lets it take out minions, spear goblins, and sometimes the minion horde that is sent to oppose it. It also only costs 4 elixir and is great tank to the balloon.
- P.E.K.K.A.- The P.E.K.K.A. is crazy awesome in my opinion. Back when it cost 8 elixir, not a lot of people used it, but it has risen in popularity recently. It does an insane amount of damage and will provide a great tank for smaller units. Unfortunately, it can be taken down relatively easy by weaker troops since the P.E.K.K.A. swings so low.
- Balloon- The balloon is probably the least used pure offensive unit in the game, yet it shouldn’t be. With the recent release of the lava hound, I have seen balloon players more and more frequently. The balloon does an insane amount of damage when it drops a bomb; the only problem is getting it to the tower to drop the bomb.
- Prince- Finally joining his counterpart is the prince coming in at 7th. The prince’s charge is by far its most coveted feature. The price also has more HP than the dark prince. However, the prince is distracted extremely easily and can be overwhelmed by any amount of small troops. For 5 elixir, he is much less great as his little brother.
- Freeze- A few weeks ago, the freeze would have easily been top 5. However, that recent 1 second nerf to the freeze’s duration has hurt its ranking a lot. It is still a valued card, but it has become a lot easier to be the hog cycle deck. Also, the freeze works great with minion horde and balloon.
- Poison- This seems like a repeated theme with epic cards, but once again the poison is a very undervalued card. This is by far the best card to have when playing spawner decks and can also work well when killing the minion horde or the princess. It doesn’t do much damage to the tower so don’t bring it as a damage card.
- Giant Skeleton- Who else remembers the giant skeleton-xbow combo? Or the “giant skeleton tombstone”? Both were great for the giant skeleton, which has fallen down a bit. The key to the giant skeleton is to get it to the tower, but it is mainly used as a tank nowadays. Not the best 6 elixir tank though.
- Guards- One of the most recent additions to this game, the cards were highly anticipated, but unfortunately, weren’t as strong as most players would have liked. Their best feature are their shields, which just like the dark prince, means that no spell in the game could kill them. At only 3 elixir though, they are a good way to stop the prince.
- Goblin Barrel- We come across one of the staples of Clash Royale, but in reality it isn’t that good. Unfortunately, the goblin barrel can easily be eliminated if your opponent times his or her arrows/fireball well. Combined with the mirror, the goblin barrels can be effective, but by itself, only a skilled player can make it work.
- Mirror- Quite an interesting card, but like the goblin barrel, not actually that good. The one elixir boost for a mirror card simply isn’t worth it, since usually the card mirrored will be worse. However, it can really catch your opponents off guard if used correctly.
- Skeleton Army- The skeleton army is a great counter card to the P.E.K.K.A., prince, and giant skeleton, but ultimately it ends up being way too weak. A zap spell can take out nearly the whole army. It is good for placing around a hog rider to fend off attacks, but it is too weak in the grand scheme of things.
- Lightning- An interesting concept and one of the best solutions for killing the three musketeers. But the lightning spell can only be used effectively in a few scenarios and the damage it does it simply not as much as the rocket. It has great uses, but the uses are rare; you are better off bringing the rocket or the fireball.
- Rage- Fun fact about the rage: its actually a haste spell. The “rage” spell actually only increases troop movement and troop attack speed, not damage increase. It does a few quality uses, like increasing the attack speed of a hog rider, but mostly it is just 3 elixir wasted.
- X-Bow- And last but not least, we finally get to the one and only, infamous, x-bow. Once upon a time, the x-bow would have been top 3, but due to the multiple nerfs it received due to complaints, it has slid straight down to last on the epics and maybe even the worst card in the game. My, how the mighty have fallen.
So that is all the epic cards in Clash Royale ranked! Once again, if you would change anything, please leave a comment below! Thanks for reading and look for legendary cards tomorrow.
Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNo3IxCrp34erbCRLmG8HIA