I ranked the common cards in Clash Royale a couple days ago and now it is time to rank the top rare cards in Clash Royale! Once again, each card is followed by a brief explanation of why that card ranks where it does.
- Fireball- The fireball is far and away the #1 in my eyes, competing with barbarians and the princess as the best card in Clash Royale. The reason being- the fireball only costs 4 elixir, yet it can take out units that costs 5. The wizard, musketeer, and barbarians are all but annihilated by the fireball. Plus the fireball does great damage to towers which can end up clutch in a close raid.
- Valkyrie- Believe it or not, I used to hate the valkyrie, but now it is one of my favorite cards. There is a reason behind this of course. The valkyrie is able to counter almost any push, effectively ending barbarians as well as a hog cycle deck. The valk also works extremely well against the P.E.K.K.A-double prince combo.
- Wizard- The best things about the wizard is that it can shoot air and ground and it shoot splash damage. Those two combined make it one of the best cards in the game. It is the perfect card for taking out the minion horde or the hog cycle deck. 5 elixir seems like a lot, but it is definitely worth it; as a offensive and defensive card.
- Hog Rider- Definitely one of the best offensive cards in the game and it only costs 4 elixir! The hog rider is cheap and it is very effective, both at lower arena and higher ones. As long as it is combined with some other troops, the hog can make an insane push and get your opponents tower down to very low health!
- Three Musketeers- The three musketeers are extremely debatable! I could have them at 13th, but instead I went with putting them up high. It takes a fireball one level higher to kill the three musketeers, and if you don’t have that, the three musketeers become incredibly hard to kill. Put these behind a golem in double elixir time, and its game over.
- Musketeer- Obviously, not as powerful as the three musketeers, but the musketeer by itself is still very powerful. It has very good range and allows you to take out balloons with ease. Its a great card to put behind a giant to get a great push going. Unlike the three musketeers though, the musketeer is easily countered.
- Elixir Collector- Even with the recent nerfs to the elixir collector’s health, its main purpose, gaining elixir, remains strong. Honestly, the elixir collector would have been ranked higher if it still had its power to provide a buffer. It is still a great card, which will make you profit over time if used right.
- Giant- The giant is extremely strong in the beginning game, but it still remains a decent card at the higher levels. Essentially, it is a cheaper tank to the golem, but it actually will do more damage than the golem if it can get to the tower. Its a good card to build up a push with if placed at the back of your side.
- Mini-P.E.K.K.A.- The mini-P.E.K.K.A. can be an amazing card if used to its full potential. Use the mini-P.E.K.K.A. to take out the royal giant or giant quickly. The best use of this card is if it reaches the tower. The mini-P.E.K.K.A. will do insane damage to the tower if it reaches it. Its tough to reach the tower though since it is so easily countered.
- Inferno Tower- For those of you in Arena 4 or 5, this is completely not true. However, as you push up in trophies, the inferno tower becomes a lot weaker. The royal giant is able to shoot it from outside the tower’s range. Also it can easily be distracted by placing skeletons around your tank unit. Still a decent card which can help take out the tanks!
- Goblin Hut- The goblin hut could actually be top 5 on this list if used by the right player. This combined with the royal giant makes an effective combo. However, most players will just use this as a way to get cheap damage off the tower or use it as part of a spawner deck. Way too easily beat, at least for me.
- Barbarian Hut- Very similar to the goblin hut, but in fact the barbarian hut is worse. Usually, this will be placed at the beginning of a battle, which leaves you with 3 elixir and your opponent with 10. Simply not practical to use until later in your raid, and by then it might be too late.
- Bomb Tower- Similar to the inferno tower, the bomb tower may be seen as impossible to beat by those at the lower levels. Really though, the only thing the bomb tower is good at is taking out barbarians and goblins. It does practically no damage to tank units and is taken out easily by minion horde and royal giant.
- Rocket- My, my, my if it isn’t the old OP card in the game. At the very beginning of this game, the rocket (or any spells) did full damage to crown towers. That meant that you could easily rocket down someone’s tower in 3 minutes. Now, its an expensive way to end a game if the tower has 300+ health left.
- Tombstone- Again, another great card that has fallen in the ranks. The tombstone used to give off 6 skeletons, making it the perfect counter to the hog, the prince, and the P.E.K.K.A. Obviously this was too much for 3 elixir, so the tombstone got nerfed and here we are today.
- Furnace- The fire spirits that the furnace spawns are simply too weak to make the furnace anything but last on this list. In the month or so since the update dropped, I have yet to see anyone play with the furnace. It is way too weak and for 5 elixir it was never going to be used. It’s a bit better now that it only costs 4.
Thank you guys for reading my ranking of the rare cards! Look for the ranking of the epic cards to come out soon! If you disagree with any of my ranks, please leave a comment below.
Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNo3IxCrp34erbCRLmG8HIA