The Brawl Stars May 2019 update is live in game NOW, bringing with it a new brawler named Bibi and a new gamemode known as Retropolis. Here are the entire release notes for the May 2019 update in Brawl Stars!
Brawl Stars May Update
New Epic Brawler – Bibi
- Main attack: Three Strikes
- Bibi’s main attack knocks back enemies when her Home Run bar is charged.
- The Home Run bar charges while having all 3 swings at the ready.
- Super Attack: Spitball
- Bibi bats a bouncing ball of bubble gum that deals damage and can hit the enemy multiple times
- Star Power: Home Run
- Bibi’s movement speed is increased while her Home Run bar is fully charged.
New Skins (coming soon!)
- Hot Rod Brock
- Bake Sale Barley
- Road Rage Carl
- Maple Barley
New Event – Retropolis (coming soon!)
- New Battle Location – Retropolis
- New Menu Music
- New Menu Background
- New In-Game Music
- Decreased Super duration from 4.0 sec to 3.0 sec
- Decreased Star power healing from 300 per sec to 200 per sec
- Needs now 10 hits instead of 9 to fully charge up Super
- Main attack effect now better matches the area where damage is dealt
- Frank’s Super now again stuns the Siege base for the full duration
- Carl can now pre-aim his main attack while using Super
- Carl now has a much shorter cooldown for the main attack (can use the main attack more rapidly when the Pickaxe returns after a wall hit)
- Several maps are now “Retrofied”
- Gem Grab – Cell Division, Four Squared, Escape Velocity, Spring Trap, Double Swoosh
- Heist – Rolling Rumble, Bridge Too Far
- Bounty – Layer Cake, Dry Season
- Maps Removed
- Gem Grab – Bouncing Echo
- Heist – Split Second, Corner Case
- Maps Added
- Gem Grab – Cross Cut
- Heist – Pit Stop, Side Story
- Rosa Voice Over
- Ability to send in-game mail to Club members (available for leaders & co-leaders)
- Supercell ID 2.0 (Will roll out to countries over the next week)
- Fixed multiple UI issues
- Fixed a bug that gave access to locked skins in the Training Cave
- Fixed an issue with character health bars being displayed incorrectly after being revealed from stealth
- Fixed issues related to player status display in teams
- Fixed partially underwater launch pads on Showdown map Flying Fantasies
Sort of a small update, but a good one for sure! I’m also betting that we will be seeing another Brawl Stars update before the end of the summer. Thanks for reading and watch out for the new skins that should be dropping soon!
Check out our videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNo3IxCrp34erbCRLmG8HIA
6 thoughts on “Brawl Stars May 2019 Update Release Notes”
Me: Brock has the most skins of any brawler, tying with Mortis, with 3 skins.
Supercell: New skin idea, Hot Rod Brock!
Me: Why Supercell?!
Get Tara a skin!!!
There’s so many good skin ideas out there!
“Ability to send in-game mail to Club members (available for leaders & co-leaders)”
Isn’t if president and vice president (I don’t check on club much, don’t judge)
Hmm that’s actually really interesting because it should be president and vice president. I guess that’s a typo by the Brawl Stars team