Like I said last post: I finally hit a lifelong goal of mine; to completely max Town Hall 8. Last post, I covered the order to go for defenses, now I will tell you the order in which you should upgrade your troops (valkyries and golems excluded), assuming all your troops are maxed from TH7.
1. Archers to 5- This is definitely the most important upgrade to do. Archers are used all the time, pushing, farming, or war, and are used by everyone!
2. Barbarians to 5- If you use barch for farming (which the majority of players do), upgrade these fellows quickly. They are the meat shield to your archers and need hit-points.
3. Giants to 5- This upgrade just needs to happen. When I was TH7, I constantly used giants. However, once I got into TH8, I stopped using them. Level 5 giants are still a need.
4. Dragons to 3- At Town Hall 8, one of the few pushing/war strategies you can use is mass drag. This is why it is imperative to upgrade them quickly.
5. Rage Spell to 5- This also goes along with war/pushing. In war, you need level 5 rage spells to go with your level 3 dragons. Rage spells can also help a lot in normal farming.
6. Heal Spell to 5- Heal spell is mostly used for farming with barch or G.A.G. Just like the rage spell, you need to upgrade spells in order to make your troops stronger.
7. Wizards to 5- Wizards to 5 is a great upgrade. Some clans require wizards level 5 to join. Also, many players enjoy having these in war, so donate away!
8. Minions to 3- This mostly preps for the future. Once you hit Town Hall 10, you will be using balloonion A LOT. Also minions are nice gifts in the clan castle.
9. Goblins to 5- If you use G.A.G. I would strongly advise upgrading these earlier. For me however, I rarely use goblins and it was pointless for me to upgrade them.
10. Wall Breakers to 5- Its the same as above. I really didn’t use wall breakers a lot. At TH9, you use them for GoWiWi, but obviously you can’t GoWiWi as a TH8 (unless you have some GREAT clan mates.)
11. Hogs to 3- You might wonder why you didn’t upgrade these before dragons for a good war strategy. The problem is, hogs are a dead strategy. With good bomb placement, you can destroy an attack.
12. Minions to 4- Minions to 4 is a good upgrade because its cheap. At Town Hall 9 and 10, you will need to be upgrading DE troops so its better to upgrade these now.
13. Lightning Spell to 5- I really don’t use any of the troops from here and below. I simply upgraded them because I had nothing else to spend elixir on. Still a lightning spell comes in handy a few times.
14. P.E.K.K.A.s to 3- I truly hate P.E.K.K.A.s. They are completely stupid, and I don’t advise using them. However, some people enjoy them, plus level 3s look really cool.
15. Hogs to 4- Similar to minions, this upgrade has to be done eventually. You can still use hogs, just use them against a tightly-packed base with no room for bombs.
16. Balloons to 5- Do not, do not, do not attempt balloonion with level 5 balloons! The only reason you should upgrade them to 5 is that it gets it closer to the level 6 upgrade.
17. Healers to 3- Healers are really only used at TH6 and TH7 as an OP strategy. There is really no need at all to upgrade them, except that they sure look good in purple.
Good luck with maxing your troops! Look for How to Max TH8 (Elixir Upgrades) tomorrow!
Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNo3IxCrp34erbCRLmG8HIA