The royal giant has finally been nerfed in Clash Royale! Many people have wanted to see a royal giant nerf for a long time and now it is finally going to come in this upcoming August 2016 update balance change. Along with the royal giant, other troops are also getting nerfed and buffed and like all balance changes we will be taking you through the whole update list for August 24th. Hopefully, this is a lead-in before the September 2016 Clash Royale update!
Nerfs=Blue | Buffs=Red
Clash Royale Balance Changes 8/24
- Royal Giant: Hit Speed decreased to 1.7sec
- Zap: Stun Duration decreased to 0.5sec
- Princess: Area Damage radius decreased by 25%
- Ice Wizard: Hit Points decreased by 5%
- Miner: Deploy Time increased to 1sec, Hitpoints decreased by 6%
- Baby Dragon: Hit Speed increased to 1.6sec
- Dark Prince: Damage increased by 7.5%
- Bowler: Elixir cost decreased to 5, Hitpoints decreased by 7%, Damage decreased by 10%
- Lumberjack: Speed increased to Very Fast, Hit Speed increased to 0.7sec, Damage decreased by 23%
- The Log: Cast time decreased by 66%, travel speed increased by 20%
- Golem: Hit and Death Damage increased by 5%, Hitpoints increased by 1%
Golemite: Hit and Death Damage increased by 8%, Hitpoints increased by 3.2%
- P.E.K.K.A: Damage increased by 5%
- Tombstone: Spawn Speed increased to 2.5sec
- Archers: Damage increased by 2%
- Prince: Damage increased by 2%
Headlining the nerfs is the notorious royal giant whose shot time is going to go up to once every 1.7 seconds. This will reduce his DPS effectively and hopefully limit his use. We also see the currently overused zap spell’s stun time go down to .5 seconds. Honestly, a second was too long for a spell that already does damage. Lastly, Clash Royale nerfed the three most powerful legendaries. With these nerfs and an increase of “obtainability”, it looks like Clash Royale doesn’t want legendary cards to actually be legendary.
First off with the buffs, we see a much needed buff with the baby dragon. Right now, the baby dragon, though strong at low levels, is extremely weak once past Spell Valley. Dark prince also gets a bit of a buff, though I think it was unneeded. The first big change is the bowler, with it being moved down to 5 elixir. We haven’t seen a lot of bowlers so it should be neat to hopefully see some use out of them. The two newest and arguably weakest legendaries also get buffed a bit, with some huge changes to the lumberjack. Now the lumberjack is a mix between goblins, a knight, and the rage spell. The two tankiest units, the golem and the P.E.K.K.A. also got damage buffs, which is almost unneeded. The tombstone continued to be irrelevant in the last update, so another change will come to it. Finally, the prince and archer buffs are just so they are able to kill barbarians and goblins, respectively.
That is all the balance changes in this update. Hopefully we will see the September Clash Royale update sneak peeks start soon and see some interesting new cards and a fix to tournaments!