Brawl Stars is having a balance changes update, effective June 11th, 2019, for a few different brawlers. There are going to be some great nerfs, like to Rosa and Gene, but also some amazing buffs like to Mortis and Rico. Here’s all the different balance changes coming in this Brawl Stars update!
June Balance Changes
- Bo: Increased main attack damage from 500 to 520, now needs 10 hits from main attack instead of 11 to fully charge up Super
- Dynamike: Increased Super damage from 2000 to 2200
- Rico: Increased main attack and Super damage from 300 to 320, increased Star Power damage bonus from 80 to 100
- Mortis: Decreased main attack reload time from 2.5s to 2.4s
- Shelly: Increased Star Power slow duration from 2.5s to 3.0s
- Penny: Star Power now targets close by enemies instead of randomly shooting everywhere
- Frank: Increased Star Power damage bonus from 40% to 50%, increased Star Power duration from 10 seconds to 12 seconds
- Carl: Decreased main attack damage from 640 to 580, decreased Star Power projectile speed buff from 16% to 13%
- Gene: Decreased Super range from 9 tiles to 7.66 tiles, when Gene pulls an enemy, it interrupts the healing process of the enemy
- Rosa: Decreased main attack damage from 480 to 460, now needs 11 hits from main attack instead of 10 to fully charge up Super
- Bibi: Increased health from 4200 to 4400, decreased Star Power speed boost from 19% to 15%, hits a bit easier with the main attack if the enemy is very close to Bibi, no longer consumes home run bar when using super to kick the ball
- Darryl: Increased health from 4200 to 4600, decreased Star Power shield protection amount from 40% to 30%
- Minecart Madness: Train moves slower and spawns less frequently
- Brawl Ball: Fixed bug that caused ball to bounce from walls that were destroyed just before the ball hits them
So there are a WHOLE lot of changes in this balancing update, but let’s go over some of the more significant ones. Bo received a huge buff with him now dealing more damage and also having a more frequent super.
Dynamike got a slight buff to his super and Rico received a BIG buff, to both his super and main attacks. Also, Mortis, a card that has heavily been requested for a buff got one in the form of a quicker attack.
Shelly, Frank, and Penny all got a buff to their star power. For Shelly, that means more slowing with her big shot, for Frank is means a increase damage deal, and Penny gets a more accurate turret.
The three nerfs are going to come to three of the most recent brawlers released who all got overbuffed. Carl is getting a main damage nerf, which I think is a mistake. Gene also gets a much needed nerf to his super, which had way too long of a range. Finally, Rosa get a main attack nerf, also much-needed, as well as a less frequent super.
The final two brawlers “buffed” are Bibi and Darryl who got reworks more than any buff. Bibi got a health buff, but her star power is nerfed a bit. I think with all the changes she got, overall it quantifies as a buff. Also, Darryl got a big health increase, but a little nerf to star power, which is overall a buff.
Finally, Minecart Madness got nerfed, since the mine carts were game changing. Also, Brawl Ball just got a slight fix to a bug that wasn’t really a big deal.
These are some major changes coming to Brawl Stars and I can’t wait to see what this does to the meta. I’m excited to see Gene and Rosa toned down, since they’ve been so powerful. Thanks for reading and comment below what you think about these balance changes!
Subscribe to us on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9RtBFNYGtjKTfdUxY60DHQ