The Brawl Stars August 2019 update just went live in game, bringing a ton of new features, including a new brawler named 8-Bit, new skins, and a new star points rework. Here are the full update release notes for the Brawl Stars August 2019 update!
Brawl Stars August Update
New Brawler – 8-BIT
- 🏆Available in the Trophy Road for 6000 Trophies 🏆
- Main attack: Blaster Beams
- 8-BIT fires a burst of lasers
- Super Ability: Damage booster
- 8-BIT deploys a structure that boosts all teammates damage by 30% (both Main and Super attack) in its area of effect
- Star Power: Boosted Booster
- Damage booster effective radius is increased by 50%
- Star Power: Extra Life (Going to be released afterward)
- 8-BIT respawns instantly once per game (Not functional in Big Game while playing as the Big Brawler)
- Old players who have already passed the 6000 Trophy mark on the Trophy Road will have 8-BIT automatically added to their collection when they launch the new update
- 8-BIT replaces old Mega Box reward that was at 6000 Trophies
- 8-BIT Classic – 30 Gems
- Shark Leon – 80 Gems
- Pink Piper – 500 Star Points
- Iris Tara – 500 Star Points
Brawler Visual Changes
- Piper rework
- Penny animations rework
- Mortis attack animation rework
- Bunny Penny skinning fix
- Bull animations fixes
- Other small VFX changes
Map Rotation Changes
- Brawl Ball is now the only mode played in slot 3 (Bounty moved to slot 4)
- Bounty, Heist, and Siege are now rotating in slot 4
- Added: Royal Flush
- Added: Deserted Vertex, Outrageous Outback, Barren Badlands, Critical Crossing
- Removed: Eye of the Storm, Thousand Lakes, Hot Point, Skull Creek
- Added: Field Goal, Post Haste, Slalom Slam, Coarse Course, Power Shot, Sneaky Fields, Pinhole Hunt.
- Added: Overgrown Oasis
- Removed: Temple Ruins, Sunstroke, Burning Sands
- Removed: Beachcombers, Side Story
- Removed: Mecha Match, Straight Shot, Assembly Attack
Showdown Moon Festival Event (Early September)
- Special graphics for the Showdown Box and Power Cube during this event
- New Brawler Ranks added
- Rank 21 at 550 Trophies to Rank 35 at 1250 Trophies
- New one time Star Points rewards added
- Rank 25 (750 Trophies) – 400 Star Points
- Rank 30 (1000 Trophies) – 500 Star Points
- Rank 35 (1250 Trophies) – 600 Star Points
- The usual 10 tokens rewarded upon reaching each new rank
- Players who have already passed these new Rank thresholds are automatically compensated with the Rank, Star Point and Token rewards upon launching the game after updating
- Rank shown and rewards given out after the update are based on the Brawler’s highest ever reached trophy score (so for example if a Brawler has once reached 750 Trophies before the update but is currently at 500 Trophies the rewards are given based on 750 Trophies)
- End of Season offers
- 1 Big Box – 500 Star Points
- 1 Mega Box – 1500 Star Points
Season End Star Point Rewards Rework
- Star Point rewards at a season’s end are now based on reaching certain Trophy milestones with a Brawler*
- Trophies are now reset to a fixed value based on where the Brawler was at the end of the season
- The goal with this change is to make Star Points more accessible to more players and to further promote playing multiple different Brawlers during the season
- New milestones are visualized in a new UI screen which can be found by tapping the Brawler Rank icon in the Brawler screen when the Brawler has once reached over 500 Trophies
Brawler Balance and Changes
- Carl: Increased main attack projectile speed by 8%. Increased Shield from Protective Pirouette Star Power from 30% to 40%.
- Colt: Increased Speed buff from Slick Boots Star Power from 8% to 10%.
- Pam: Increased Damage per second from Mama’s Squeeze Star Power from 300 to 500. Increased Healing from Mama’s Hug Star Power from 30 to 40.
- Bo: Increased visibility bonus from Circling Eagle Star Power from 2 tiles to 3 tiles.
- Brock: Increased damage per second from Incendiary Star Power from 300 to 400.
- Tick: Increased main attack mine explosion radius by 11%.
- El Primo: Increased damage from El Fuego Star Power from 800 to 1000.
- Frank: Increased health from Sponge Star Power from 1000 to 1100.
- Rosa: Increased health from 5000 to 5200.
- Spike: Increased Healing per second from Fertilize Star Power from 500 to 600.
- Tara: Healing Shade Star Power pet no longer heals brawlers that have full health.Increased health for Black Portal Star Power pet from 2400 to 3000.
- Bibi: Increased Shield from Battling Stance Star Power from 30% to 40%.
- Leon: Increased Healing per second from Invisiheal Star Power from 600 to 800.
- Shelly: Band-aid now heals for 2000 health instead of giving full health.
- Mortis: Decreased range increase from Coiled Snake Star Power from 100% to 75%.
- Poco: Decreased damage from Screeching Solo Star Power from 1200 to 1000.
- Darryl: Decreased Shield from Steel Hoops Star Power from 30% to 25%. Both shotguns now shoot bullets from the middle of the Brawler (both shots have the same pattern now).
- Piper: Decreased bullets gained from Snappy Sniping Star Power from 0.5 to 0.4. Increased bonus damage from Ambush Star Power from 400 to 500.
- Gene: Changed Gene’s Star Power Pat on the Back to Spirit Slap. Spirit Slap: When Gene’s Super is fully charged he does +300 damage with his main attack.
- “Home Run” bar turns red when it’s fully charged
- Melee hit effects are now shown when attacking Showdown boxes (both sounds and visual effects if applicable)
- Camera shake effect added for Bibi when she swings her bat
- Brawl Ball: Pets (Turrets, Nita Bear etc.) can now see enemy Brawlers inside bushes if the Brawler is carrying the ball
- Club Mail – Added cooldown remaining countdown when trying to send club mail while on cooldown
- When playing games with bots, bots can now choose any brawlers (more rare brawlers are less likely to be picked by the bots).
- Fixed an issue that caused Colt’s attack range star power (and other similar) to increase the visual range of the Brawl Ball targeting line as well
- Fixed an issue with Shop notification ticker not being cleared correctly if new skins became available in the Shop after it had been visited once
- Tick’s head no longer homes to targets or explodes on targets that are in the air
- When penny’s “last barrage” Star Power bombs defeat enemies in Bounty, Penny’s bounty now properly increase
This is a massive update with a lot of balance changes and minor UI changes to Brawl Stars. Ultimately, this is a pretty awesome update, even though it doesn’t add any huge features. Thanks for reading and comment below what you think about this new update!
Check out our videos on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNo3IxCrp34erbCRLmG8HIA